Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

*CaRdIaN*AnGeL*III 1.18
Released 07/20/2006

[Downloads] [CVS] [Instructions] [Bug Tracker] [Feature Requests]

Please submit all bugs reports and feature requests to the appropriate links above. All general conversation for the bot should be posted HERE in this topic.

Changelog:
-Added FFACT detection (it's manual for now...)
-Support for the War Machine module was added.
-Added a startup menu to allow for other 'modules' to be loaded
-CA3 will autosave when quitting, and reload when loading, allowing you to restart the bot without reloading all the party members, tank, HP, etc.
-Startup menu has a default checkbox (no-nag feature, delete settings.txt to un-default it)
-Numerous fixes, cleanup attempts

Startup:
  • set ffxi to compact keyboard (menu >> config >> misc 2).
  • launch the bot from ACTools - anything else will be prompted.
Installation:
  • Install AC Tools 5.3.0, the default settings are fine.
  • Install CA3 to C:\CA3
  • Install FFACT to C:\FFACT
  • make the macros in ffxi specified in the instructions

Edited by cgrinds, 20 July 2006 - 11:06 PM.

#2 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

The development for CA3 is now being done through sourceforge. If you are interested in development of the CA3 PL Bot, PM me and I will talk to you about it.

#3 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

CaRdIaN*AnGeL*III Instructions
Version 1

Quick Start:
  • tell the bot /request.
  • then tell the bot /start.
  • use /add <name> to add each member in your party to the bot's list, the bot will confirm your entry.
  • tell the bot how much HP your tank has with /sethp <hp>
Command Library:
    Notes on commands:
  • the bot accepts commands via /tell
  • after the /request is granted, the requestor becomes the current $masteruser.
  • <name> is optional for all commands, if left blank the current $masteruser is assumed.
  • typing <hp> to set your hit points is acceptable for the /sethp <hp> command.
  • if the FFXI window is not on top the bot will pause.
/extrahate <percent> will set the bot to not cure the tank until at least this percent (or lower) is reached (larger cure spells = faster hate on the PL)
/request Tells the bot you wish to use it, bot awaits commands. No commands will be accepted before a /request is granted.
/release Allows another player to request the bot, bot becomes idle.
/allow allow another player temporary access to the bot. (use the file AllowedPlayers.txt for permanent users).
/remove remove a player from the temporary authorized users list.
/heal the bot will rest and recover MP, and return to PLing when done.
/sethp <hp> Sets the max HP of the player being PL'd.
/start Begin PLing, can also be used if the bot loses you, or to stop it from kneeling.
/pause pause the bot.
/add <name> Add the playername to the list of PPL to PL.
/tank <name> sets the bot to target <name> after casting spells.
/show Show the list of names the bot is currently PLing.
/clear Clear the list of names the bot is currently PLing, does not remove $masteruser.
/follow <name> Sets the bot to follow <name>.
/pos report the bot's current <pos>.
/ping just a HP/MP status report.
/leave disband the bot from your party.
/forcefocus prevent ffxi from losing focus. type it again to turn off. only available for the local user.
/cure1..4 <name> specify which spell, cure, cure2, cure3....
/buffs <name> Toggles autobuffing on/off. If you lose a buff the bot will recast it.
/tele <telepoint> specify <telepoint>: holla, dem, mea, yhoat, altep or vahzl.
/warp send the bot to it's home point.
/invis Casts invisible. will recast until told /invis again.
/sneak Casts sneak. will recast until told /sneak again.
/stoneskin the bot will keep stoneskin on. toggles on/of.
/blink the bot will keep blink on. toggles on/of.
/haste <name> the bot will haste <name>.
/raise <name> the bot will raise <name> (raise2 available).

Macros
  • CTRL-1 HEAL
    /t <me> /heal
  • CTRL-2 sayMP
    /say <mp>MP<mpp>
  • CTRL-3 Release
    /t <me> /release
  • CTRL-4 Follow
    /target <st>
    /follow <t>
  • CTRL-9 Show
    /t <me> /show
  • CTRL-0 Clear
    /t <me> /clear
  • ALT-1 Cure1
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /cure <t>
  • ALT-2 Cure2
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /cure2 <t>
  • ALT-3 Cure3
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /cure3 <t>
  • ALT-4 Cure4
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /cure4 <t>
  • ALT-5 Cure5
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /cure5 <t>
  • ALT-6 Buff
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /buffs <t>
  • ALT-7 TANK
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /tank <t>
  • ALT-8 Add
    /target <st>
    /t <me> /add <t>
  • ALT-9 Start
    /t <me> /start
  • ALT-0 Req
    /t <me> /request
    /wait 1
    /t <me> /start
The file attached to this post is NOT REQUIRED to be downloaded to run the bot. It is just here so the bot can version check itself. Your bot will always be up to date then :)

#4 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

*CaRdIaN*AnGeL*III 1.13
Released 07/09/2006

Download it here.

#5 djstarburst

djstarburst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

Hello, i have been camping on this post for the last 3 or 4 days no hoping someone would ask the question, but now to bite the bullet

Its probably something simple, but the question is, when i run the PL bot everything loads up fine i know FFACT2 is functioning fine with the latest updates now

What actually happens is that it just sits there i send the bot commands and it does nothing. If i leave ACtool open where i can see it, its just stuck on the AUTOPAUSEDELAY section of your macro and wont move of that.

Plain and simple what have i done wrong, i have also added the extra part of FFACT code into your int file (wasnt sure where it really goes though). I think im close now, how close i dont know.

Thanks for your time

#6 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

What actually happens is that it just sits there i send the bot commands and it does nothing.

can you give me examples? what commands did you send? do you have screenshots? i can probably help since i know the script well.. but... i need more info.

If i leave ACtool open where i can see it, its just stuck on the AUTOPAUSEDELAY section of your macro and wont move of that.

if you have ACTool foreground, then CA3 is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. otherwise i am not sure why it would autopause. it only autopauses when FFXI is not foreground (via ffact) or while you are zoning (via object detection). look at the autopause procedure and see.

Plain and simple what have i done wrong,

i need more information to determine what is wrong. does the debug window show meaningful data in FFACT? Did you close it after you verified FFACT was reading FFXI?

i have also added the extra part of FFACT code into your int file (wasnt sure where it really goes though). I think im close now, how close i dont know.

um... extra code? i packaged up ca3 with everything it needs to run except ffact.exe and ffxiread.dll, i dunno what this thats all about lol.

#7 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

Also, check the old CA2 topic for old support info.

#8 djstarburst

djstarburst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:03 PM

Hiya cgrinds

if you have ACTool foreground, then CA3 is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. otherwise i am not sure why it would autopause. it only autopauses when FFXI is not foreground (via ffact) or while you are zoning (via object detection). look at the autopause procedure and see.

I think thats what the problem is. but cant work it out. Ive played around with the ffxiforce to front thing with values 0 and 1, but still gets stuck on the autopause procedure. I use namesetter, to see if that works. Although i have tried with and without if that helps. I went back just to make sure i didnt miss anything from your old post that might fix my problem, but it seems that im the only noob thats had this one. Doh!

Cause of the autopause command it wont let me /request to the bot to give me control i believe. I do have ffxi in the foreground, but im not so sure, i would like to add a picture but it needs to be uploaded to a webby which i dont have.

can you give me examples? what commands did you send?

You instructions are very simple to follow, so i use the /request (without password for now) and /start but no reply from the bot.

um... extra code? i packaged up ca3 with everything it needs to run except ffact.exe and ffxiread.dll, i dunno what this thats all about lol.

lol i found something out of your features requests tab on Source and decided to add it, but i removed it now, so that problem was me in desperation trying ANYTHING that might work. /slap <me>

Anyway im not to worried about it i just keep doing what i do and manual PL myself, until i can find what to do to work it out.

Thanks for you time again

#9 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:44 AM

Hiya cgrinds

I will work on this tomorrow. I think what I will do is customize a version of the CA3 to debug all the stuff you are having trouble with.

I also think its FFACT. Did the debug window of FFACT (not ACTool) show anything that was accurate? You also have to make sure you close the debug window for FFACT (it hogs up too much CPU, makes everything slow) when you see that it has started to pick up FFXI's data.

This very issue is why I want to add the FFACT detection. One other thing, does it say your playername in /echo when it loads? if it says 'General Error' than the problem is absotively FFACT.

:o
-cg

#10 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:54 AM

*CaRdIaN*AnGeL*III 1.16
Released 07/12/2006

[Downloads] [CVS] [Instructions] [Bug Tracker] [Feature Requests]

News:
CA3 now finds it's own home directory
CA3 will now save the state it was in (party members, tank, follow, etc) when terminated, and will prompt to load the last state at startup.

All-in-all this is a stability update, feature improvement, and allows for the CA3 to become much more than just a PLbot. In future releases, the CA3 will have modules for fishing, tanking, and more!

Nicest feature of the new bot is the autosave when you kill it. When you start it back up its as if it was never turned off in the first place. no re-setting up parties anymore! :)

#11 djstarburst

djstarburst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

Did the debug window of FFACT (not ACTool) show anything that was accurate? You also have to make sure you close the debug window for FFACT (it hogs up too much CPU, makes everything slow) when you see that it has started to pick up FFXI's data.

Im pretty sure FFACT2 is working ok, if i leave the debug window open for testing purposes i move and all these numbers start changing of my position. And it records any shouts and other random stuff which is above my head. hehe I do minimize it to tray though cause when i do leave it open, like you said its a CPU hog and makes me move jerky.

One other thing, does it say your playername in /echo when it loads? if it says 'General Error' than the problem is absotively FFACT.

About 3 days ago on your first 1.0 release i had this problem with General error. Didnt take me to long to work out that it was a prob with FFACT not working so that was fixed real quick. It now comes up in console "/echo <name> has loaded in XXXX seconds" so i believe that its doing the right thing. What i proceed to do then is send it the /request command which doesnt work. I then maximize the AC TOOLS to see that again its caught in that autopausedelay thing.

Have a good one mate, the program i can see is sweet as.. Going to be alot of fun using this one.

#12 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Im pretty sure FFACT2 is working ok...
...It now comes up in console "/echo <name> has loaded in XXXX seconds" so i believe that its doing the right thing.

Yes, it is working with FFACT.

Edit a text file (or create it if it doesnt exist) in the folder where you put CA3 called AllowedPlayers.txt. Make the file a one-line text file with your character's name in it (and the names of all the other characters that you want to have access to CA3 - one per line in the file)

See if that helps.

I will be able to do more tonight after 9pm eastern time when I get home from work (2 jobs sucks ass.. if ppl paid me to script for them i could quit one job)

-cg <_<

#13 Edgecom

Edgecom

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:17 PM

I will be able to do more tonight after 9pm eastern time when I get home from work (2 jobs sucks ass.. if ppl paid me to script for them i could quit one job)

ditto >.<
Three things I hate..
1. Spam (no not email I am talking about the stuff in the can)
2. Telemarketers (Like STD's once you get one you can't get rid of them)
3. Help Desk! (I'am to stuipd to help you cause I can't read/follow the instructions on the screen)

Three things I love..
1. Paint Chips (I enjoy eating them while standing under power lines)
2. Door-knobs ( I like licking door-knobs the metal ones though cause the wooden ones give me splinters)
3. Staplers ( I only like the red ones all others must die!)

#14 Edgecom

Edgecom

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:53 AM

o.0 I been playing with this script a bit and I figuredout the autopause err thingy...

its not keeping the window in focus ...

I have a fix go into the ffact.inc file and change

function ffxiwindowname
  call FFACT_GetData General.GetWindowName
end

to

function ffxiwindowname
  ReadRegistry Result = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\NameKatcher\,001
  ///HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NameKatcher
end

thats the code for my name katcher you can use name setter or the PID method also

another note I am trying to figure out why it keeps deleting the allowplayers.txt everytime it starts
Three things I hate..
1. Spam (no not email I am talking about the stuff in the can)
2. Telemarketers (Like STD's once you get one you can't get rid of them)
3. Help Desk! (I'am to stuipd to help you cause I can't read/follow the instructions on the screen)

Three things I love..
1. Paint Chips (I enjoy eating them while standing under power lines)
2. Door-knobs ( I like licking door-knobs the metal ones though cause the wooden ones give me splinters)
3. Staplers ( I only like the red ones all others must die!)

#15 cgrinds

cgrinds

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:15 AM

I may have fixed those issues in CVS, but I will have to check and see.

I know there are still things that do not quite work (spellcasting/queue stuff) and I will get to them when I have time. I was away last weekend and did not have any time for development.

Also: anyone wishing to help develop the CA3, wether it be documentation, instructions, or scripting - please PM me and I will talk to you about it :)

Reply to this topic